DENIED HOME CLAIMS
Did your Homeowners Insurance Claim get Denied?
Denied Insurance Claims are common in the property damage world
Here are some of the most common denied home insurance claims
Reasons why your Home Insurance claim was Denied
- The insurance company sometimes denies your claim based on nothing to do with your claim. For example, they may deny your claim if it’s later in the year and they paid a lot of claims in the early part of the year.
- Sometimes the insurance claims adjuster will interpret the policy in way to make you believe that the policy DOES NOT cover the loss when in fact this is false.
- Other times, they will deny a claim based on late reporting of the claim
- They will even deny your insurance claim because of what you said to them
How to fight a Denied Home Claim?
There are many things you can do but most important you have to FIGHT the insurance company. You just can’t walk away from a home insurance claim that was denied because the insurance company didn’t treat you fairly. Once you decide to fight the claim, call a good public insurance adjuster. If you hire a good public adjuster, they will come forth with a plan on how to make an argument to help get your claim paid.
Let’s take a look at a few options:
- File for mediation with the State of Florida
2. If you were paid any amount by the insurance company, you can potentially request an APPRAISAL
3. Should you desire, sometimes the best scenario, is to file a lawsuit against your insurance company. Most good public adjusters will work with several different law firms so it’s best to let them give you a few options and recommendations.